You shall need:
For the outer cover:
2 cup… Wheat flour
4 tbsp… oil
2 tsp… salt
For the filling:
1.5 cup…. Shelled tuver sing
2 tbsp… oil3-4… green chillies
1 tbsp… Jeera/cumin seeds
2 tbsp… Sugar
2 tsp… Mustard seeds
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
- Knead the dough using the wheat flour.
- It needs to be tight enough like we make for pooris.
- Keep it in an air tight container until further use.
- In a mixie jar, add the green chillies and make it into a paste.
- Now add the tuver sing, little at a time and grind it into a coarse paste.
- In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil and add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add the tuver sing and green chilly mix.
- Let it cook for 5 min on a low-med heat.
- Now add sugar and let it mix well.
- Once the mix starts to turn to a darker shade of green, turn off the gas and let it cool to room temp.
- Put the oil in another wok for deep frying.
- Now make about 25-30 balls out of the dough.
- Roll them out little and add about 1-1.5 tsp of the mixture.
- Close the ends and secure properly.
- Fry about 5-6 at a time and let me get nice and golden from all sides.
- Serve for breakfast, snack, lunch, supper with love. 🙂