After a long time, I cooked for a challenge where there was secret ingredient swap between a pair. Priya made this beautiful group pf like minded individuals and called it Shhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge.
I am paired with Anitha for this month. She gave me Oats and Mangoes to cook with. To be frank I had never cooked with oats and I hate their taste anyway. What better way than to make it work in a dessert and even better, a dessert pizza. 🙂
You shall need:
For the base-
2.5 cup… classic rolled oats
3/4 cup… Castor Sugar
2 tbsp… Olive oil/melted butter
1 tsp… dry active yeast dissolved in 4 tbsp warm water with a pinch of sugar
1 tsp.. Salt
1/4 cup…. warm milk
For the topping-
100 gms… cream cheese
50 gms… butter
1 cup… icing sugar
1… mango (peeled and cut in slices)
1 tbsp… butter
A pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
For the base-
- In a processor/mixer, add the 2 and a 1/4 cup oats with the sugar and whiz until it has a powder consistency.
- Tip it in a bowl.
- Add the yeast, oil/butter, salt and mix well.
- Add the milk, a tbsp at a time and mix it well.
- The dough shall not be very cohesive like that with the all purpose flour.
- Butter a baking tray properly and spread the base mix evenly.
- Bake in a pre heated 180C oven for 15 min or until baked and nice golden brown
- Keep aside to cool
For the Topping-
- In a non stick pan, heat butter.
- Add the mangoes and a tbsp of sugar.
- Let them caramelize well.
- Now add the nutmeg and let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add the cheese, butter and cream well.
- Add the icing sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Once the base is cooled perfectly, put a thin layer of the cream cheese mix on top
- Now add the mango strips as you please.
- I didn’t take the base out of the tray. It was served from the tray itself.
Serve with love.