A true blue comfort food after eight fabulous days at Thailand. 🙂
Oh I went to Thailand to ring in my 30th Birthday which was on 17 Sept. It is such a beautiful, clean and gorgeous place to be. I didn’t want to come back 😦 Here are few pics from the trip.
Phew… I promise I will write a detailed post about the trip super soon. 🙂
Here is what you shall need for the Ghiya-Chana dal:
1 tsp… oil
1/8th tsp… hing/asafoetida
1 tsp… Jeera/cumin seeds and mustard seeds
1/2 cup… Chana dal (Soaked in water for about an hour)
1-1.5 cup…. Ghiya/lauki
1 tsp… ginger garlic paste
1 … chopped medium size onion
1… chopped medium size tomato
Juice of 1 lemon (or as per taste)
Salt and red chilly powder (to taste)
2… green chillies (chopped)
- In a cooker, heat oil. Add the hing and cumin-mustard seeds.
- Now add the green chillies and onions and let them sweat.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and tomatoes
- Cook it for about 1 min.
- Now add the salt, red chilly powder and ghiya and stir.
- Add the soaked dal and about half a cup pf water. (Remember ghiya leaves a lot of water)
- Put the lid on and let the first whistle be on full flame.
- Once it comes, reduce the flame to medium and let it cook for 10 min.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure fall on it own.
- Open the cooker lid, add lemon juice and coriander.
- Reduce the liquid as much as you wish and serve with love.