The husband and I are fasting for Navratri. I shall be keeping the fast till tomorrow aka saptami while he shall be keeping it will Navmi.
It has been a great opportunity to learn new stuff for the Vrat/fast. I could make sabudana perfectly, made kuttu pooris, aalu kuttu kadhi and dahi wale aalu etc. I saw this recipe on Nishamadhulika.com and wanted to give it a try.
Here is all that you shall need:
1 cup… Sabudana/Sago (Well soaked, drained and dried)
1 cup… Boiled and Mashed potato
1/2 cup… Kuttu/singhade ka aata (Buckwheat/waterchestnut flour)
2-3.. chopped green chillies
1 tsp.. Pepper
Sendha namak to taste (Rock Salt)
A plastic sheet to roll the thalipeeth
- In a mixing bowl, tip in the potatoes, sabudana, green chillies, flour, salt and pepper and make a soft dough out of it.
- You shall net need any water to bind this one.
- Lay the plastic sheet flat on the surface and grease it with ghee/oil.
- Heat the pan/griddle and put a little oil/ghee on it.
- Carefully transfer the thalipeeth to the pan.
- Using a wooden spoon with a round handle, make a hole in the center of the thalipeeth.
- Put a little oil/ghee in the center and around the surface of the thalipeeth.
- Cook until one side is nice and brown.
- Flip it and cook for a few min.
- Serve it hot with lots of love.
It can be eaten with curd/kadhi/aalu ki subzi etc.