I used to be terrible at handling sago/sabudana. It used to be lumpy mess or oily sticky mess. After following a lot of advise on Chef at large, I found a way to make this work 🙂
Before I mess it up again, let me share how I learnt the art of soaking the sabudana perfectly. I usually start the soaking around 6-ish in the evening so that I may use it the next day.
You shall need:
1 cup… Sabudana
1+1/4 cup… water
- In a bowl, add the sabudana and give it a good wash. I usually wash it three times to get rid of the starch.
- Drain the water.
- Add half a cup of water and leave it to soak for two hours.
- Using a spoon, mix it all around. You shall notice that the water all soaked and sabudana/sago is almost dry.
- Now add another 1/2 cup of water and let it soak for two hours.
- Give it a stir after two hours and add the 1/4 cup of water and let it soak overnight. Notice the doubling of the volume 🙂
- And Voila in the morning you may use it as you please.
This has been absolutely fool proof for me this fasting season. Hope you are also able to do it perfectly too.