Jeera Aalu is supposed to a Dhaba comfort food. Low maintenance, super easy to put together and hardly anything can go wring with this one. The version I love, has crispy edges and a pillow-y center. Oh it is to die for.
You shall need:
3 medium Size… Potatoes (Washed, peeled and cut in equal size pieces)
2 … green chillies (Slit in the center)
2 tsp… Oil
1 tsp… Jeera/Cumin seeds
2 tsp… Dhaniya powder/coriander powder
2 tsp… Jeera powder/roaster cumin powder
1 tsp… Amchoor powder/Dry mango Powder (Optional)
Salt to taste
- In a Kadhai/wok, heat the oil.
- Add the cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Reduce the heat for medium-low.
- Drain the potatoes well and wipe them with a kitchen towel/cloth. We dont want much moisture on it.
- Add them to the wok.
- Keep stirring until all the potatoes are covered with oil.
- Let it cook for about 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the masalas and salt. mix well.
- Now let it cook for 20 more min, so that the potatoes are cooked through and have a crispy exterior.
- Serve with love.