The frantic rush to fix a breakfast gets to me sometimes. But then missing ingredients also has the same effect. I wanted to eat rava dosa but there was no rice flour 😦
Hence look around and find what all is available, do a quick calculation in the head and voila breakfast is ready.
So why should we eat ragi? Here are top 5 reasons:
- Controls Blood sugar
- Assists in weight loss
- Relaxes muscles
- Fights Anemia
- Great source for Proteins
And why should we eat Oats? Here are top 5 reasons:
- Enhances Immune response
- Acts as a natural laxative
- Reduces risk of cardio vascular disease
- Controls Blood pressure
- Lowers Bad cholesterol
You shall need: [Feeds 4]
3/4 cup Ragi Flour
1/3 cup Whole wheat flour
1/3 cup Fine bulgar/daliya
1/2 cup oats – measure first then whiz them in a mixer to make a powder.
1 medium onion chopped finely
2 green chillies finely shopped
2 cup buttermilk [I used about 100 ml of Amul spiced butter milk as well] – mix 4-5 tbsp of curd with 1.5 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
Non stick pan
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix using the whisk.
- Add the onions and green chilly.
- Pour the butter milk in the mix. We want a runny mix, like that of the rava dosa/crepe.
- Keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In case the mix looks thick, add little water to get it to the consistency we want.
- Heat a non stick pan and put 2-3 drops of oil on it.
- Pour a ladle-ful of the mix on it. Flatten it well.
- Flip it using the spatula.
- Cook well on the other side as well.
- Serve hot with your favourite chutney.