Ricotta, as exotic as it may sound, it is as easy as making cottage cheese. The quantity that you get is much more due to the rich milk content.
It is an intelligent substitute in dips, spreads and even to grill for a snack.
2lt full cream milk
1 cup cream (I used Amul cream)
- Boil milk and cream on a medium flame and stir in between.
- We want the mix to thicken a bit, it took me about 20 min to reach the state I liked.
- Add lemon juice, little at a time and the milk cream mix shall start to curdle.
- Strain on a cheesecloth and let water drain.
- Store in a box with water. This will prevent the cheese from going hard.