Ratatouille is a pheasant dish from France. Ratatouille is usually served as a side dish, but also may be served as a meal on its own. A very successful motion picture was also made with the same name where a rat is a master chef at a popular restaurant.
This recipe is part of the 30 day Blogging Marathon for this month. Check out other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Dish for Day – Ratatouille
Origin- Provence and Nice, France
You shall need [Feeds 2]:
1/2 cup…. Green Zucchini Slices in round shape
1/2 cup… Yellow Zucchini Slices in round shape
1/2 cup… Brinjal, Slices Round
3-4 tbsp… Basic Italian Tomato Sauce
Salt and pepper
- In a oven proof dish, make a layer of the tomato paste.
- Line the veggies in an alternating fashion like this
- Sprinkle slat and pepper on it.
- Add a couple of tbsp of olive oil on it. You may add the fresh herbs if you want like basil, rosemary, oregano etc]
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-35 min or until the veggies are nice and tender.
- I served it with Salad and green tea rice.