I read a wonderful recipe on good food online. I love chocolate, I love pistachio and this one has the best of both ❤ I drew inspiration from this one and churned my own version 🙂
This post is a part of Blogging Marathon. For the first week of BM#32.
You shall need:
150 gms plus 20 gms… Shelled pistachios
200 gms.. Dark chocolate chopped in small pieces
200 gms… room temp butter
3/4 cup… fine sugar
1 cup… Flour
1 tsp.. salt
1/2 cup … milk
1/2 cup… Sour cream [Add 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon to 1/2 cup cream. Let it stand for 15 min]
For the glaze:
100 gms.. Dark chocolate
1/3 cup… cream
1 tbsp.. butter
- In a mixer or food processor, mix the chocolate and 150gms pistachios until they resemble bread crumbs.
- Sift the flour and salt and keep aside.
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the sour cream, flour and milk.
- Tip in the chocolate and pistachio mix.
- Bake in a lined rectangle tray for 20-25 min at 180C oven.
- Make the glaze by heating the cream and pouring over chopped chocolate.
- Add the butter.
- To assemble the cake, pour the ganache on top and sprinkle the chopped pista generously.