Home Baker’s challenge is a fun group which has an enthusiastic group of bloggers around the globe who wish to learn a new thing or two. 🙂
Thanks Priya for letting me be a part of this. Here is my masterpiece as I love to call it 🙂
2 cup…Refined Flour/Maida
1-1/2 cup…Sugar [Fine grain]
1 Tsp….Vanilla essence/extract
1/2 cup…Vegetable oil [flavorless is better]
1-1/4 cup…warm water
1 tsp…Baking Powder
1 Tsp…Baking Soda
For the Blue sponge mix:
In addition to the above-
Few Drops of Blue color.
For the filling:
1 cup… White chocolate (cut in small pieces)
¾ cup…. Cream (I used Amul)
½ cup… Toasted almond slivers
For the frosting:
1.5 cup… Bitter sweet chocolate (cut in small pieces)
2 tsp… Butter
1 cup… cream
Sprinkles of your choice
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, Salt and Baking Powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together vanilla essence, Sugar, oil, water, lemon juice and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and make a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture in roughly halves.
- In one of the half add the blue color.
- Mix all well until you achieve the same smooth batter as that of the vanilla sponge.
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan with Butter or alternatively line it with parchment/butter paper.
- Pour the mixture alternatively 2 tbsp at a time from the center.
- Do not force the mixture to take a direction.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a skewer once inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit for 15 min.
- Usher the cake out the pan onto a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
For the Filling:
- Melt the cream in a sauce pan.
- Once it simmers, remove from heat and add cut white chocolate.
- Once it is melted (you might have to return it to heat if it does not melt) add the almonds and let it sit until it is spreadable.
For the frosting:
- On a double boiler, add the cream and chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the double boiler and mix in the roasted almonds.
- Once it is cooled slightly and begins to firm up it is ready to use.
For Frosting: (chocolate ganache)
- On a double boiler, add the cream and chocolate.
- Stir in the butter.
- Once all the chocolate is melted. Remove from the boiler and let it cool for few min.
- Using the sawing motion, cut the cake in two halves, making two layers.
- On the bottom layer, place the filling generously and place the other layer on top.
- Put it on the fridge for 5-10 min.
- Pour the warm ganache on the cooled cake. (place a plate below the cooling rack to allow the ganache to drop on it.
- Use the extra ganache to decorate as you please.
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…