Dont we love when there is food that we can use for experimental purposes. Well I certainly enjoy it 😀 I had a couple of idli’s which had no takers. I decided to make it two ways. Both are stir fried but very different flavours. Hope you like them.
Stir Fry # 1- Bua [Paternal Aunt] Style – Serves 2
1/4…. Cabbage [Grated]
2 Tsp… Chana Dal [split chickpeas ]
1/2 Tsp… Mustard Seeds [Rai]
1/4 cup …Roasted Peanuts
1/4 Tsp… turmeric Powder
1… Green Chilly [Finely Chopped]
2 Tsp.. Oil
3-4… Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wok and add the chana dal, Mustard seeds, green chilly and curry leaves.
- Add the cabbage, salt and turmeric.
- Cook until the cabbage is soft.
- Add the idli and peanuts.
- Stir for a few win. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 min on a slow flame.
- Remove from flame. Serve with/without Green chutney.
This gets linked to-
Only Snacks and Starters The event is guest hosted by Raji of Vegetarian Tastebuds. Now to the exciting part of this event, there is a giveaway sponsored by www.tarladalal.com . The giveaway is open to followers/ readers (publically) of Pari’s blog Foodelicious.