I made this came from my birthday 🙂 The combination of a moist chocolate [chip] cake with a peach mousse is mind blowing.
You shall need:
2/3 cup… Peach Puree [I used del monte tinned peaches]
1/3 cup… Peach cut in small pieces
1.5 tbsp… Unflavored gelatin
1 tbsp… Lemon Juice
1 cup… Whipping cream
1/4 cup… Caster Sugar
1/8th cup… cold water
Chocolate-vanilla pirouettes [Optional]
- Cut the cake in half to make 2 layers and keep aside.
- Soak the gelatin in the cold water until it blooms.
- Sir the bloomed gelatin over boiling water until dissolved.
- Add the gelatin, sugar, lemon and peaches together.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks.
- Fold the peaches in the cream and put in the fridge for about an hour.
- Place one layer of the cake on the cake board and put 1/3 rd of the mousse on the cake and layer it well.
- Put the 2nd layer on the mousse and cover the cake with the remaining mousse.
- Place the cake in the fridge for an hour.
- Before serving, break the wafer sticks in uneven lengths and stick around the cake.
Serve with love.
Sending this to:
Cook eat delicious event- Peaches