Since we moved to the new house, I didnt do anything special for us. So I planned a date night. Got dressed up, cooked a lovely meal and ofcourse we clicked pictures.
Oh and do you know about the #100sareepact ? So whoever joins in promises to wear a saree 100 times in a year. Not tooo much to ask, for sure. Plus I love wearing sari 🙂
Coming to the Broccoli salad. Here are few things about broccoli that will inform you about why it is important to eat it:
- Lowers cholestrol (steamed ones)
- De-toxification of the body
- Cancer prevention
- 1/2 a cup of brocolli has about 22 calories
- Lots of fiber
- Helps damaged skin
- Keeps eyes healthy
So what are you waiting for, get that tree of life and get cooking. 🙂
Here is what you shall need for my recipe: [serves 2]
1 head/about 1.5 cup… medium size florets of a broccoli
1/2 tsp… Chilly oil/garlic oil/olive oil/any oil that you like
1 tbsp… Sesame seeds (white)
1/4th cup… Almond flakes
1 tsp… roasted garlic / minced fresh garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8th cup … water
A non stick pan
- Wash the broccoli thoroughly and keep aside.
- In the pan, heat the oil, add the sesame, garlic and almond flakes.
- Roast them on a medium heat until the seeds pop.
- Remove from heat and empty the contents in a bowl to be used later.
- In the same pan, add the broccoli and salt and half of the water.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat for about 2 min.
- Water would have evaporated, if not check the done-ness of the brocolli. We don’t want a mush. Insert a knife in one of the florets and make sure it is able to pierce the floret easily.
- Stop cooking instantly/add more water if needed.
- Once done, take it out in a bowl and place over another bowl of cold water. We want the green color to be intact hence, shocking it will do the trick.
- Once it is nice and warm/not hot, add the sesame and almonds.
- Serve with love.